Ten Questions with Brian Ledwith
I started driving when I was seven. We bought an old Toyota corolla from a neighbour and trashed it around the fields.
2. How did you get involved in Motorsport?
I built a midgit race buggy to race on the autocross when I was 12. At 22 I built my first rally car and entered the care single stage in 2006.
3. What is your daily driver and what is your competition car for the weekend?
My daily driver is a 3.2 DID pajero. My competition car is the ae86 corolla built for rallying but serving as a hillclimb car.
4. What is your occupation?
I work as a design engineer in a consultancy firm called Synecco. I build race engines in my spare time.
5. What is your highest achievement to date in Motorsport?
1st in class in Clare Galway Hillclimb 2014.
6. What is your favourite thing about Hillclimbing?
The relaxed nature of the events and the craic after the days competition.
7. What car would you most like to drive on a hill?
Rs 200 or T16.
8. Who is your Motorsport idol?
Always enjoyed watching Colin Mcrae ,Ari Vatanen and Ayrton Senna.
9. What are your hobbies outside of Hillclimbing?
Mountain biking, race engine builds, karting.
10. If you were stuck on a desert island, what three things would you need to bring with you?
Some rope some food and a boat to get back to Ireland to go hillclimbing.
Finally, is there anyone you want to thank (Marshals, Sponsors, etc.)?
I’d like to thank Gerry Hodgins and Gerard Dwane for their help in getting the car lighter and handling better.