As soon as i could see over the dashboard of a car and the first car i drove was my uncles MK1 escort when he left the keys in it at a wedding reception in Laois.
2. How did you get involved in Motorsport?
In 1991, I built a Hot-Rod mini for Tipperary raceway. That was a long time ago!!!!
3. What is your daily driver and what is your competition car for the weekend?
My work Horse is a Toyota hi-lux, family car is a CLA Merc , and at weekends, I have a brightly coloured MK1 Punto for hillclimb events.
4. What is your occupation?
This is up for debate, my wife says i don’t work, but I am a director at Storm Hair Design in Howth and also have a small workshop for car repairs and maintenance.
5. What is your highest achievement to date in Motorsport?
My highest achievement in Motor Sport, well that came last year 2013 in Knockalla Co Donegal, where after some major debate, I finally was inaugurated in the hillclimb fraternity by outlasting most of the seasoned regulars (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE) finishing first in the “TopFuel” section, super weekend!
6. What is your favourite thing about Hillclimbing?
Refer to Q5 above….. also the nature in which everyone is so friendly and willing to help each other at the drop of a hat just so everyone will have a good days racing and great craic afterwards.
7. What car would you most like to drive on a hill?
A V8 or 4cyl Mini Hayabusa spaceframe, luminous Pink…….. I WILL DO IT SOMEDAY!
8. Who is your Motorsport idol?
His name is Fintan Cunningham he was a top modified saloon driver back in the 70’s and 80’s, also known as my DAD. This man has stood by me and also helped in every way possible in motoring racing and more importantly in life.
9. What are your hobbies outside of Hillclimbing?
Outside of motor sport , I coach the local hurling and football team in my club Naomh Barrog.
10. If you were stuck on a desert island, what three things would you need to bring with you?
Food, drink and a Phone , that way i can ring someone to get me off the bloody Island.
11. Is there anyone you want to thank (Marshals, Sponsors, etc.)?
With the risk of leaving names out, I would like to say thank you ALL. That is everyone I have met in the hillclimbing sport , this is the best craic I have had in motor racing, THANK YOU.